View Single Post
Old 07-06-20, 08:26 PM
Kentonk

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by orcas island
I sold my 1974 GJ a few weeks ago in the SF Bay Area. It had the Model 49d crankset, was all original with the Huret shifters and derailleur (short cage rear, rather than the more desirable long cage) New Panaracer Pasela tires. Similar color and cosmetic condition to yours. 53 cm size. It sat on CL for several months at $375, then $350, then $300, finally sold at $275. That was my recent experience; it would have been worth more in pieces, but unless the frame is bent, I’m not a fan of that process
Originally Posted by juvela
-----

wrt parting out the mechs -

in the SF Bay area it will go quickly at a good price.

-----
Thanks for the very recent actual sell experience. Sounds like it's pretty unanimous to replace the derailleurs and sell them separately. Then then I can maybe post the bike for $350, and hope for maybe $300. Hopefully my Palo Alto, South Bay, location will draw the locals, who want that authentic french experience! Thank you!

Question for anyone who knows. Is the rear derailleur a standard bolt? I have some 80's suntours i will probably put on if able. I know the front derailleur may need a shim.

Thanks!