kingston 
Jedi Master

Bikes: http://stinkston.blogspot.com/p/my-bikes.html

Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1759 Post(s)
Liked 488 Times in 313 Posts
Originally Posted by tjc4golf
Interesting. Never tried an ebike but saw a few positively reviewed on some youtube bike channels (Seth's Bike Hacks comes to mind) so I thought the tech was good. Maybe not.
Definitely recommend renting one before you buy. That's what we did, and it was a 100% fail. Apparently they work for some people because they're selling a lot of them.

I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I think townie style bikes are ugly and many of the bike in the thread you linked are sweet. IDK how anyone could call this or this ugly. Lots of other pretty ones in that thread too.
You and I agree on this point, but you should ask your GF. All the women in my life value looking cute over pretty much anything else, and they think the townie is infinitely cuter than an old eighties mountain bike with a tall stem and cruiser bars.

This is the first I've ever heard of "crank forward geometry". Wikipedia says:
The main functional difference of a crank forward bicycle is that the seat can be set closer to the ground while maintaining the correct leg extension to the pedals. This allows the rider to place their feet on the ground without getting off the seat.

Getting on / off isn't a problem for the gf currently... are there other benefits? Also, I know that saddle fore / aft is supposed to place the kneecap over the pedal with the cranks horizontal. I'm not 100% sure why but I'm sure there's good reason for this (I think it's to prevent knee discomfort) and wouldn't you then lose those benefits as knee would be behind pedal?
It's just super comfortable for cruising around. Sort of the opposite of performance. The last ride I did with my wife was just short of 9 miles over 90 minutes not including our lunch stop.