View Single Post
Old 01-19-21, 03:46 PM
mstateglfr 
Sunshine

Bikes: '18 class built steel roadbike, '19 Fairlight Secan, '88 Schwinn Premis , Black Mountain Cycles Monstercross V4, '89 Novara Trionfo

Mentioned: 123 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10947 Post(s)
Liked 7,473 Times in 4,181 Posts
Originally Posted by AcesHigh007
Say you go into Whole Foods to buy six apples. There are two options to choose from; A single apple for $1, or a package of six for $25. There is no difference in the quality of apples between the two offerings. The package of six is exactly what you want, it also provides a convenient way to carry the apples. Instead you have to manage six individual apples because "THE PRICES ARE OUT OF WHACK".

In this case, would you say that not all factors that play into pricing are obvious? Or would you say that the customer experience sucked?

Apple and Steve Jobs NEVER made a mistake like this. While their product pricing was on the high side, the cost of upgrades was consistent and never left the consumer feeling like they couldn't get what they wanted because the company was being greedy.

The logic in this forum is also out of whack. Too many concussions perhaps?
Last weekend I bought 3 small packages of chocolate chips instead of the large package of chocolate chips because individually, the 3 bags cost less. Odd.
Oh, and for 2 years no, a 5# bag of carrots costs 20 cents more than five individual 1# bags. Odd.

You know what I do?...I buy the 5 bags of carrots. Its stupid, but damnit I dont want to support buying a 5# bag of something for more money! Every week I buy a bunch of bags of carrots. Totally wasteful.
Oh, and I bought small bags of chocolate chips a few days ago for the same reason.

Not all products are priced in a linear fashion. Some are, but not all are. Typically, the more you buy the bigger the savings, but not always.
And sometimes, there are other differences between bikes besides just Di2.
Likes For mstateglfr: