Old 04-29-09, 08:23 AM
clancy98
don't be so angry

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Kuwahara built Concord?

I browse the C&V forum every day, and every day I see threads with stories of people finding that super deal or junkyard find that seems unrealistically lucky. And I have to admit, I was feeling a little left out, usually only finding old schwinns and huffy's. But I think I got a good deal last night, and I want to see if anyone knows anything about this bike!

I saw an ad on Craigslist for a men's concord road bike. No pics and a $50 price tag. I'm always trolling CL and checking on bikes, so when the owner emailed me a fuzzy pic all I could see was the color and the toe clips. It was in an upscale neighborhood so I figured it might be a nice bike. When I got there, the older woman selling the bike explained to me that her husband used to ride alot and race, but he has since had two hip replacements and just wanted to get rid of it. Here's the pics.

I think its kind of a nice bike, Shimano 600 components, Suntour superbe fd... anyone know anything about the other parts, if they're original? Or what HIRAME is?

Also, the hoods look good but they literally crumble to the touch. Anyone know where I can get a replacement? And are these Shimano 600 levers?

Thanks for looking guys!

Last edited by clancy98; 04-29-09 at 08:28 AM.