brandenjs
WV is not flat..

Bikes: 1 away from divorce!

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 152 Post(s)
Liked 440 Times in 177 Posts
Originally Posted by Velo Mule
Nice looking '70's bike for sure. The foil labels are the easy give away. If anyone wants to make a bike look like the '70's use foil labels. The other subtle way is the arch or bend in the fork and of course the cottered crank. Although I will admit that you will see them on 80's and even 90's low end bikes.

The caliper arm usually have date codes on the back sides. Check other components as well. Wienmann had simple date codes with the year in the center of the clock face and the month on the dial.

I am not loving the two color spiral wrap or the seat clamp on the forward side of the seat, but other than that, it looks like a great old vintage bike. Is the brake bridge welded to the seat stay? Is that the discoloration that we are seeing, or is something else going on there?
Yes the spiral wrap needs to go. I was on the fence about it, but nope I need a cleaner look. And yes the bridge is welded and the rack is bolted to it also. It's going to take a little clean up, but it has a unique charm. It's a heavy tank though. I would love to get a history on it somehow. I've had read a few things that said they were never sold in the US and many of them came back with military guys.