View Single Post
Old 02-18-20, 12:00 AM
Maelochs

Bikes: 2015 Workswell 066, 2017 Workswell 093, 2014 Dawes Sheila, 1983 Cannondale 500, 1984 Raleigh Olympian, 2007 Cannondale Rize 4, 2017 Fuji Sportif 1 LE

Mentioned: 144 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7653 Post(s)
Liked 3,485 Times in 1,840 Posts
Originally Posted by veganbikes
I don't want to sound nativist or anything dumb like that but this forum is an English language form at least for the many years I have been on and this word "1-bike" is completely foreign and it would be appreciated if you could translate that into something we can all understand.

I could probably pair down to 4 bikes and remain at least semi-alive if absolutely needed.

I would stick with my Phil Wood Apple VeloXS bike purely because of the first 3 words, it is steel and also the Dura-Ace 7400 gruppo on it ain't half bad. This is less a practical choice and more based on aesthetics, skinny tires aren't as fun and downtube shifters are terrible for shifting but my god it says Phil Wood on the downtube because it was made by his company or someone directly contracted by Phil Wood and Co. and has a vintage 90s era Apple logo as the head badge (or sticker in this case).

The next bike would be a titanium road bike with carbon fork and full Dura Ace Di2 Hydraulic Disc gruppo with ti seatpost and stem and clearance for 35c tires

Then a titanium gravel/touring/light mountain bike with Rodeo Spork and XTR Di2 shifting and Hydro brakes with a ti stem, seatpost and ti version of the Koga Denham bar and clearance for 29x2.2 tires. Of course with a full SON dynamo and either B+M or Supernova lights (most likely) and a ti Tubus Cargo Evo or Logo Evo rear rack and a ti front rando rack

And finally a titanium SS/FG version of the All City Super Professional with TRP Hylex RS brakes, Ti stem and seatpost (again), ZIPP Service Course SL-70 Ergo Bars, two rear wheels (one with a Paul fixed WORD hub and the other a high end single speed cassette hub) and again SON dynamo and a ti front rando rack.

However this is a torturous thought as I would also need a full suspension mountain bike with plenty of tire clearance (or a hardtail if I must) and would really really love to add a Ti Bosch gen4 Cargo Speed motor'd bike with dual batteries, Rohloff E-14 shifting with Supernova M99 pro and two sets of M99 rear lights on each rear stay and maybe an integrated front rack into the frame. So 6 bikes would probably be my absolute limit and even that wouldn't be as fun.

I will say I do love Ti a lot if you didn't guess already but it is a great material and if I can do most bikes in it I can have those bikes for a long period and especially if unpainted don't have to worry about paint damage so I can ride them without worry. However the idea of going down to just one is just not realistic. I will say though I would love to get rid of a few bikes in my collection because as much as I do love bikes and love n+1 I think I have some bikes I just don't really ride or want and would love to focus on upgrading the current collection and kind of pairing down to bikes I truly love without question.
I see you haven't thought about this much. Take some time, and come back with a more detailed answer, please.

Lots of good choices there .... I'd drop the SS for the F/S MTB, and I wouldn't include the Apple Wood ... because it is yours, not mine. Otherwise, pretty close. I will give you a 92 .... out of a possible 113. Keep up the good work..