View Single Post
Old 08-03-20, 09:59 PM
Toespeas

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 164 Post(s)
Liked 44 Times in 41 Posts
Originally Posted by Gundo
Is Trek considered a better bike than Cervelo? I'm looking at a Trek Domane SL7 Di2 and the new Cervelo Caledonia Di2. The specs are pretty similar but the Caledonia is $1500 cheaper than the Trek. Haven't been real impressed with my Domane SL5 as I have had problems right from the start with it. My LBS has been great and eventually got it straightened out. I bought a Trek because that is what my LBS sold in my price range. I'd like to move up to Di2 and I'm looking at these bikes. The price makes the Caledonia very attractive. I'm pretty new to cycling and not all that knowledge about the different brands. Any thoughts are appreciated.
gotta take the parts out of the equation because you can always change groups , but look at the frame and proprietary systems used , which one is easier to service or get parts for , which bottom bracket will give you the easier time installing and maintaining , look for any real tests done on the frames the stiffness , the aero , they are both adventure bikes i think so its really going to be about what you want to live with , hambini has reemed cervelo pretty good , i dont know his thoughts on trek but im sure they are not too great !!