Old 10-19-20, 09:57 AM
starchase

Bikes: 1992 Giant Farrago; 2011 KHS, TC-150

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 3 Posts
Effect of MP3 Repeat for an Hour

If this question belongs in a better sub-forum (or even none at all) please feel free to move it. My question concerns what effect if any repeating a single 5 minute mp3 file for an hour would have on the memory chip that holds the file, i.e., cause undue wear.

The equipment: Samsung Galaxy J3 (Model # SM-S367VL), 2GB RAM, 16GB Storage; the player: Muzio Player free. The mp3 file plays off of a 2GB micro SD card I installed.

I bike almost every day and play this file of a rain storm for white noise as I run through my prayer list. (If I use any regular music/song file it is too distracting for my purpose of concentrating on the prayer list.)

So for the hour and 10 minutes I'm biking does repeating the 5 minutes of this white noise file wear out any areas of the memory chip where it resides? Or should I create a play list of a bunch of white noise files that total an hour to spread the use of memory around. Or does it even matter one way or the other?

This is just a question that floated across my brain a day or so ago. I know, pretty weird!!

Thanks to any who ponder this with me. Now, I am out the door to bike my 13 miles. John

Last edited by starchase; 10-19-20 at 10:04 AM.