Old 02-06-19, 08:35 PM
Tourist in MSN

Bikes: 1961 Ideor, 1966 Perfekt 3 Speed AB Hub, 1994 Bridgestone MB-6, 2006 Airnimal Joey, 2009 Thorn Sherpa, 2013 Thorn Nomad MkII, 2015 VO Pass Hunter, 2017 Lynskey Backroad, 2017 Raleigh Gran Prix, 1980s Bianchi Mixte on a trainer. Others are now gone.

Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3458 Post(s)
Liked 1,465 Times in 1,143 Posts
Originally Posted by geoffs
Good spot to stop for food after you cross the bridge onto PEI
we did part of this a couple of years ago but didn’t make it up to Cape Breton as we ran out of time and didn’t think we were fit enough to fit the distance into our schedule. We’re aiming to do what you have planned in 2020. So looking forward to seeing some post from you on the tour!!
We went to PEI at the beginning of June. We were the first cyclists of the season to cross the bridge. It was cold (10°c) max and raining. The centennial trail sounds like a good idea but you don’t get to see anything from it so we gave up on it. We rode past the Anne of Green Gables house but weren’t able to see it due to rain and mist. Caught the ferry from Woodend to Pictou and the rode to Truro. NovelTea bookstore there even know how to make a decent coffee.
Thanks. I will keep that restaurant in mind, but I would be leaving PEI on the bridge, taking the ferry to PEI.

Every photo of that tandem has a slightly different color. Yellow to orange to red. Are they all the same bike with just different camera settings?

I am planning on five weeks. I have mapped out a general route on my GPS with three bail out detours to shorten my route if my progress is less than planned.

Tentatively early June to early/mid-July. I usually like to start well before the tourist crowds and leave before the roads get really crowded. But my limited research tells me that the campgrounds should be open by then.

Looks like two, possibly three hills on Cabot Trail I will be walking the bike up the hills instead of pedaling. Otherwise, nothing looks too arduous.

A high of 10 degrees (C), I do not see that as a problem, but raining and 10 degrees does not sound very pleasant. It sounds a bit like some of the days I had in Iceland a few years ago.

Right now I would say that there is a 75 percent chance the trip will happen, but I keep running into logistical road blocks. My latest road block is that the hostel refuses to allow me to store my S&S backpack case while I am touring, even if I disassemble it to make it smaller. And am having problems scheduling airlines. I would say right now that there is a 25 percent chance that the trip will not happen.