Old 08-01-19, 11:30 AM
bikenh

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 138 Post(s)
Liked 17 Times in 16 Posts
First, if you have nothing, no one will want it. Don't make your stuff look like it is worth a million dollars and then no one will want to mess with it. There's multiple reason I use kitty liter buckets, one for water proofness, the other because no one wants the kitty liter buckets so I can get away with using them and everyone wants to avoid my bike.

Second, watch where you park your bike. I don't shop in Whole Food, I go to Walmart. Reason, people don't assume I'm filthy rich, they think the exact opposite. On my 2015 bike trip I was out, by myself, 75 days and I only locked my bike up 3 times the entire time I was going. All 3 times were outside of libraries. Otherwise to go shopping, eating, sleeping, anything I never locked it up at all.

Most people don't want your stuff in the first place. The news media makes it sounds like if you going to get killed if you dare leave your house. How many have you left you house and not got killed. Can you really trust the news media? Think about it for a while.