View Single Post
Old 10-02-18, 07:47 PM
TimmyT 
Keener splendor

Bikes: Black Mountain Cycles Road and canti MX, Cannondale CAAD12, Bob Jackson Vigorelli

Mentioned: 53 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 297 Post(s)
Liked 80 Times in 51 Posts
Austro Daimler AD Ultima 531, 62cm

A few people have asked me about this frame, so here it is for sale.
$110 + shipping. A forum member asked what shipping to Seattle from New York would be, and via Bikeflights, it's about $40.
Photos: https://imgur.com/a/nNmulzm

Austro Daimler AD Ultima
62 cm center-to-center seat tube
59 cm center-to-center top tube

This was one of AD's high end racing frames. It is silver brazed. The dropouts, front and rear, are Campagnolo.
The frame will accommodate 30mm tires max in the rear with center or side pull caliper brakes. Dual pivots are going to make the tires run a little smaller.
The front fork will accommodate at least that 30mm and probably 35mm. The limitation on tire size in the rear is the brake bridge, not the seat tube.

Full 531 frame: Main triangle, stays, and fork
Chrome is in very good condition. The rear triangle, I believe, is chromed. The fork appears to be fully chromed under the paint.
The paint is scratched, see the photos.

The serial number is 5808144. The frame, fork and headset weight is approximately 7 lbs on my low-cost digital scale.

This is an ideal candidate for restoration, modification, or to build up as a single speed or winter beater. I got it, but then my riding has gone a different way, so I haven't built this up.

There is minor rust on the underside of the top tube. There is one small ding on the underside of the top tube. It is very difficult to show in the photos, and I only saw that accidentally (yes it's that small). It's about the smallest ding I have noticed on a frame, but it's there. I will try to photograph it over the coming days.

The rear spacing is 122 mm for vintage 5 or 6-speed. I believe this frameset is from the late 1970s.
The seat post size is 27.2.

The headset, a vintage Shimano Arabesque 6200 series is included at no additional charge.

Shipping is flat rate in the US via bikeflights. Meet up in Manhattan on the west side is free.