Old 03-27-20, 09:38 AM
pauliewalnuts

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Bob Jackson World Tour build

Hi folks,

First off thanks to all the contributors on this forum, I have spent countless hours reading and researching.

I originally wanted a vintage frame (Raleigh Randonneur) but I have been waiting too long for one to come along in my size so have decided to buy a new bike. I have poured over all the options available within my budget (Kona, Salsa, Surly, Trek etc) and not one of them grab me enough to have me part with my money. if I spend that much money on something I want to adore it, both functionally and ascetically.

After coming across Bob Jackson frames I have decided that these are exactly what I want, beautiful bikes and from reading around here - a great reputation. So if I buy the the World Tour frame I will have around €1,000 to spend on the rest. Is this enough money? I will be getting my LBS to build the bike.

Any recommendations on what groupset to use within my budget? This will be my first time doing anything like and I'm a bit lost. I already have a Brooks B17 from by Basso Paris Roubaix that I can move over.

The bike will be used for commuting, day trips and hopefully a weekend or longer touring in the summer. This will be my first foray in the world of touring.

Any advice must appreciated.

Paul

Last edited by pauliewalnuts; 03-27-20 at 10:31 AM.