View Single Post
Old 02-08-19, 08:09 AM
berlinonaut

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 319 Post(s)
Liked 14 Times in 11 Posts
Originally Posted by FolderBeholder
It seems odd to me, that at this juncture (as close to a happy ending as this is now supposed to be) that Peter doesnt, hasn’t come out publicly....here for instance, and cleared the air, confirmed or denied many of the rumors and speculations circulating about the big release.

I'd consider this a positive. I enabled and enables him to focus on the development of the bike and on his business. If he would take time to take part in this thread intensively this would mean spending a huge amount of time and brain dealing with the wild speculations, insults, expectations, judgement and questions in this thread from people that are - for the time being - not his customers and - to a very large degree - never will. Totally defocusing, totally demanding and basically nothing to win from that for him. I think I would avoid and ignore that, too, if I was him.

Originally Posted by FolderBeholder
We live in an information over-rich world, an instantaneous one and being so stingy with information regarding a “revolutionalry” product which is supposed to drop very soon seems counter to what Business 101 says is a best practice.
I would not call this best practice. There are surely more products in the making that you have never heard about and the creators do not share information about than the other way round. I've i.e. never seen Johnny Ive discuss the Apple products that are not released yet in a public forum not any car makers nor basically any other serious business man - still there always are wild speculations about those products. It seems not affect their revenue to the negative.

Staying focussed is a very important thing for a creator and I can totally understand Peter, the more with the tone and culture in this thread towards him. I can understand the interest that people have in the Helix and the eagerness for information and the disappointment for the lack thereof. Still this is just a random internetforum - it's not the real world, it does not pay Peter's bills and it is pretty irrelevant from a global, holistic perspective. Some people here seem to overrate their own relevance by far. I cannot understand where they derivate their entitlement for information from Peter from.