View Single Post
Old 07-24-21, 09:54 AM
BobG

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 318 Post(s)
Liked 117 Times in 82 Posts
zjrog- I moved my post from the knee thread over to here for continuity with the previous discussion ...

Well 1 1/2+ years after originally posting above, my injections stopped working. I had successful arthroscopic fusion surgery on May 25. I'm recovering now after 10 days in a splint and 30 days in a cast. I'm now in a removable boot for another 4 weeks.

I'll be on crutches/scooter + boot until July 20. At that time crutches get discarded. On August 3 the boot comes off and I can wear real shoes. At that time I'm permitted to ride a stationary bike on trainers. The next x-rays on August 13 will tell if fusion is complete enough for normal road/trail cycling.

The procedure was totally pain free. I was prescribed narcotics for the recovery but never had to take them. Just a little tylenol. I foresee no issues returning to normal cycling when fusion is complete. I'm not permitted to put full weight on the ankle until next week but I have zero pain at this time. Being the left ankle I was allowed to drive just a few days after the procedure as I wasn't taking narcotics.

I just thought you might like to know a possible scenario should you have to proceed with fusion. I'll post an update after the August x-rays.