Old 04-02-21, 04:11 PM
chaadster
Thread Killer

Bikes: 15 Kinesis Racelight 4S, 76 Motebecane Gran Jubilée, 17 Dedacciai Gladiatore2, 12 Breezer Venturi, 09 Dahon Mariner, 12 Mercier Nano, 95 DeKerf Team SL, 19 Tern Rally, 21 Breezer Doppler Cafe+, 19 T-Lab X3, 91 Serotta CII, 23 3T Strada

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3165 Post(s)
Liked 1,723 Times in 1,041 Posts
Originally Posted by Sy Reene
I'm not really sure either. Thinking maybe there are some who may want to run tubeless, but who typically don't flat much at all. Which of course begs question.. just run tubes. But if the tubeless for some might be just to run low pressures without as much fear of pinch flatting, then could you have a clean setup without sealant but these vittoria things inside. In a emergency, you could pull the foam thingie out and stick a tube in without the mess. If you're only 5 miles or so from home or the finish, then you could opt to just deal with it later after your ride.
That’s a perplexing scenario to me, as there really is no downside to having sealant to the rider who doesn’t flat much. The stuff is cheap, and it’s just in there, in the tire, until it dries out, at which point they’re back to just having the Airliner...which cannot be removed roadside (i.e. without a bead jack and fistful of levers).

How we’ll know how much sealant is in there with the Airliner installed is an interesting question. Thoughts? I guess we could weigh to check...