Old 12-06-19, 05:21 AM
Greenhil

Bikes: 2018 Kona Rove NRB, 2121 Kona Libre

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Liked 44 Times in 26 Posts
Originally Posted by Carbonfiberboy
I'll try. Everyone is different and there are many different training programs which will produce good results.
Thanks very much for taking the time to lay this out. Agree about the individualized aspects, but, as you point out, there are some general principles that apply across the board. Most of my riding is gravel and any road riding I do is just to get to more gravel but I don’t think that that changes the training equation that much. Because of our long winters, what I do for fitness for a good chunk of the year takes place in the gym. I don’t use the instrumentation or analytics you mention, which I’m sure lead to better results. I use weights and kettlebells, do HIIT on a stationary bike or elliptical for anaerobic, and running or pedaling for aerobic fitness. Plus stretching/foam roller torture. Most of what I do is the result of reading and sessions with a trainer. I try to go through the cycle of workouts frequently enough, but with enough variety in routine and intensity from day to day to, as you say, “walk the knife edge between useful training and overdoing it.” Thanks again for passing along some additional info to look into.