View Single Post
Old 02-26-21, 12:57 PM
genejockey 
Klaatu..Verata..Necktie?

Bikes: Litespeed Ultimate, Ultegra; Canyon Endurace, 105; Battaglin MAX, Chorus; Bianchi 928 Veloce; Ritchey Road Logic, Dura Ace; Cannondale R500 RX100; Schwinn Circuit, Sante; Lotus Supreme, Dura Ace

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10245 Post(s)
Liked 11,599 Times in 5,945 Posts
The Cannondale project is stalled, waiting for the BB. It left Florida on the 20th. USPS claims it's still in transit to the next destination, but I'm growing suspicious. I'm also still waiting on the 8speed righthand shifter lever (my old one's 7 speed) from Italy, which supposedly reached customs/USPS on the 16th and hasn't been heard from since.

Meanwhile, I'm accumulating all the bits. I ran into an issue with tires. I'd planned to use a pair of 23mm Conti Grand Prix's from maybe 10 years ago that seemed in pretty good shape - barely used since I started running 25s on everything. I went to swap them on to the rims I want to use, and damned if one of them didn't have a casing cut. I thought maybe it would be okay, but probing from the inside, it was clearly a weak spot. So, since I no longer have a matched set of tires I just went ahead and ordered a pair of 25mm tires, foregoing the "Vintage Look" of 23s on an already fairly harsh-riding bike.

I'm so impatient for the BB, I'm on the verge of ordering another one from a different seller, but given my luck as soon as it's shipped the first one will come in.

Hmmmm. Maybe there's something to that, leveraging my bad luck to get what I want.....

"Everybody's gotta be somewhere." - Eccles