Voodoo76
Blast from the Past

Bikes: Felt FR1, Ridley Excal, CAAD10, Trek 5500, Cannondale Slice

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 222 Post(s)
Liked 66 Times in 43 Posts
Originally Posted by bitingduck
It's probably tested as most speed (net effect of available power and aerodynamics) for her. .
I've devoted this season to working on my Road TT position. And this, balance of available power and aero, is the holy grail. Finding a balance is time consuming (factoring in adaptation to changes). The biggest gains for me came from moving the seat foreword, a lot. I'm moving that position to Pursuit, starting out a bit lower and wider as that seems to be the consensus. Unfortunately I won't be taking it to the track (Alkek) to fine tune any time soon.

Carlton, more than just reach to Pads the Road TT geometries are adapting to a foreword seat position. The resulting common feature in TT Geo is a long front center. On the TT bike I'm not a whole lot more "over" the front wheel even with a seat 30mm foreword from my road position. A concern that I have with my Pursuit setup is that I'm using a standard Track frame but using my TT seat position. Not sure how that will impact stability. I wonder if some of the "wide elbows" for control is a result of too much weight on the front wheel as riders move up to open their hip angle, on bikes that aren't really built for it?

Thoughts and prayers go out this evening to the people of Houston.