View Single Post
Old 12-04-19, 07:32 PM
OldFartCyclist

Location: Pasco, Washington - the brown side of the Pacific NW

Bikes: 2020 SWorks Tarmac SL6 w/ Shimano DA 9100; 2016 Lynskey R240 w/ DA 9100, 2014 SWorks Roubaix w/ DA 9100

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked 16 Times in 7 Posts
I'm 64 in 5 days (December 10). I've found that I'm slower than I used to be but I still have to slow down when riding with most cyclists. Not bragging, just ride alot more than they do. Most other riders are very surprised when they find out how old I am. I put in 3,100 miles in 2017, 4,200 in 2018, and will have about 3,00 again by the end of this year. Would be more but I took a part-time day job as a courier for a local healthcare organization to supplement our retirement income. However, it gives me opportunity to commute on bikes 2 or 3 out of 5 workdays a week with a 25 mile round trip. I frequently do 30-40 mile rides and often stretch out the commute home.

Still riding and plan to keep on! Alternative sports? - nah, I plan to keep riding with my g'kids as I get older. Bought a couple of very nice Felt F24 Junior road bikes for them this year and my eight year old granddaughter is my new riding buddy She loves her road bike! Her brother is trying to grow into his. It's a little big for him still. I just hope they keep the pace down as I get older.