View Single Post
Old 05-05-20, 09:32 AM
texaspandj

Bikes: '85, '86 , '87 , '88 , '89 Centurion Dave Scott Ironman.

Mentioned: 99 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1605 Post(s)
Liked 583 Times in 380 Posts
I bet 90 percent of people who complain about "others" using earbuds have never tried it.
Actually to the uninitiated it can seem over whelming when you first try it especially if you have it cranked up loud. I know because that's how I felt when I first tried running with them. Weirdly, I rode with them for years, but the first time running I couldn't stand it. I finally tried again decades later and now I like it.
Where I ride I feel comfortable riding with earbuds. But when riding Sundays with my wife and me pulling our daughter in a trailer buggy on our MUP/Riverwalk, I don't.
I train/ride by myself 90 percent of the time and I use my Triathlon setup bikes the other times I ride with a friend and I use a rode bike with rode bars and no earbuds.
I find it odd that those who don't wear earbuds condemn those who do. But I guess they feel unsafe by those or had a bad experience with a earbud rider. My suggestion is take it up with them and get your anger out them not here. But I guess that's the internet way. Listen just because one person does a jackass move while wearing earbuds doesn't make them all that way. You'll find just as many non earbud wearing jackasses too.
Finally, one tip I've learned is Only Listen to Good Music.