View Single Post
Old 01-26-17, 11:02 PM
DoubleDiamonDog

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 350htrr
Would you believe there are people who poo poo the idea of re-gen on bicycles as a waste of effort... Not me, I have the BionX system and it's well worth it as I live in a hilly area so there is/can be huge gains available as long as you do it and do it conscientiously. I have tested my set up and have managed up to a 28% re-gen capacity, tho I must say that is a max average and you would actually NEED to pedal down most hills to keep up your speed if you have it on the max re-gen setting. My real average is probably 15% and most people who don't live in a hilly area would be lucky to get 5%. IMO

I could even use it as an exerciser and increase my pedaling effort for normal riding, but that is not what most people would buy it for.
It seems that most who buy/build ebikes do so for the assist that the electric motor and battery provide them. Pedaling down hill for the sake of getting better regen numbers seems counter to this objective. But no doubt, pedaling more and harder will improve the range of any ebike, regen or not.