View Single Post
Old 02-16-17, 10:51 AM
mstateglfr 
Sunshine

Bikes: '18 class built steel roadbike, '19 Fairlight Secan, '88 Schwinn Premis , Black Mountain Cycles Monstercross V4, '89 Novara Trionfo

Mentioned: 123 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10969 Post(s)
Liked 7,495 Times in 4,191 Posts
Originally Posted by Vortac180
The tires, Kenda Kross Plus, are new and what were recommended by my LBS. I like them for now. When they wear out, I'll buy new.
Good to hear. If what you have is what you like, perfect.

That Jett fork was fine, but my daughter's bike had a frozen fork, so I removed her OEM Suntour and put the RS Jett on my daughter's Diamondback where it gets good use. My current fork is rigid and I like it.
Awesome! Rigid can be a lot of fun and a good challenge. It makes each ride more interesting in a good way.

The front shifting is fine. The rear shifting is working OK, but gets out of adjustment frequently. It's a PITA, as I have to give it that half turn adjustment nearly every ride, every day. It seems this started when the front derailleur was replaced. I don't know why. Doesn't seem to make sense to me.
Odd. Perhaps thats where some time and money can be spent. New cables and housing may be all thats needed, or perhaps the shifter and/or derailleur arent in good working order.

Respectfully, I did not ask what is attractive to someone else. There is no objectivity to that subject, although, probably many on the forum agree with you.
Sorry, when you mentioned a component having a coolness factor, I(and it looks like other posters) took that to mean coolness to others. Apologies for the misunderstanding.