Old 03-21-18, 03:34 PM
Hermes
Version 7.0

Bikes: Too Many

Mentioned: 297 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1341 Post(s)
Liked 2,483 Times in 1,458 Posts
Yesterday I worked out at the track and today I went to the golf driving range getting ready for my trip to Mallorca where I plan on playing golf as well as cycling.

There was a younger guy a couple of stalls down with whom appeared to be his coach. All of a sudden, the coach put the guy in a hammer lock and picks the golfer up off his feet and shakes him. He then has the golfer fold his arms and he does it again.

I am watching this unfold and the guys look over at me and the golfer says that the coach is his chiropractor. I said, hey, I have a bad back and that is exactly what I need. The doc laughs and says, I would not believe that you have a bad back you are crushing the ball.

We had a quick 1 minute discussion on back and the importance of strong glute muscles. The doc says that was Tiger Woods problem. Wood's glutes got too weak and shifted a disproportionately amount of force to his back during the golf swing.

Strong glutes are the key to a healthy back...at least in theory and maybe practice.

I was hitting the ball as good as ever and my back felt great.