Old 08-31-20, 03:38 PM
bbbean 

Bikes: Giant Propel, Cannondale SuperX, Univega Alpina Ultima

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 672 Post(s)
Liked 417 Times in 249 Posts
Originally Posted by Germanrazor
I think the point is, we could never afford their gas or most recreation riders like ourselves. So why care. Buy what we can afford and run what does not require a loan to get.

I don’t mind hearing what they have but really obsessing over it is not a point in my life. Their bikes are not off the floor and really if they were, they would be on the highest end of the spectrum which is really insane when you see those prices.

Plus, does not matter if we had their identical ride, we do not have their genetics nor training to come close to their riding.
It is still useful to know what they ride and use. In this case, the OP is already using the same tire some pros use. He can afford the tire.

On your last note, I don't need to win the TdF to want to go fast or to enjoy good equipment. These forums are full of people who do obsess over equipment, whether it's the latest and greatest racing technology, finishing that perfect beach cruiser from 1956 with all mint vintage parts, or designing the perfect cockpit for their weekend bikepacking bike. Obsessing over gear is part of the enjoyment for a great many cyclists.

Formerly fastest rider in the grupetto, currently slowest guy in the peloton