View Single Post
Old 11-11-20, 05:17 PM
robertorolfo

Bikes: 82 Lotus Unique, 86 Lotus Legend, 88 Basso Loto, 88 Basso PR, 89 Basso PR, 96 Bianchi CDI, 2013 Deda Aegis, 2019 Basso Diamante SV

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 943 Post(s)
Liked 172 Times in 113 Posts
What is Your End Goal?

While seemingly satisfied and distracted for a while, the old N+1 bug is starting to creep in again, prompted by finding something on criagslist that I wasn't even looking for, and then missing out on actually getting it. That of course lead to a search for something similar... something similar to that which I wasn't even searching for to begin with.

So all this has me wondering, what am I doing? What is my end goal here? For a while I thought I might just content myself with trying to collect all of the important models from a certain brand. But, more recently, after seeing so much about the various steel iterations, I'm now thinking my goal should be to acquire (not necessarily contemporaneously) a good example of every major Columbus steel tubing, plus one aluminum and one carbon bike just so I can be reminded how much better the steel is.

Am I crazy? Do most of you have some sort of long term plan or roadmap, or are you just sort of feeling your way along? I'd like to hear about how some of you go about abating your N+1 thirst.