View Single Post
Old 01-18-20, 11:47 PM
scarlson 

Bikes: Ron Cooper touring, 1959 Jack Taylor 650b ladyback touring tandem, Vitus 979, Joe Bell painted Claud Butler Dalesman, Colin Laing curved tube tandem, heavily-Dilberted 1982 Trek 6xx, René Herse tandem

Mentioned: 80 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 964 Post(s)
Liked 1,451 Times in 723 Posts
Originally Posted by jdawginsc
I would be more upset if a buyer talked me down because they were going to ride it and give it love, and I was stupid enough to lower the price because it would be ridden by the buyer, only to see it posted soon after.

But I guess that is the risk in selling...
I've had this happen to me, with SAAB parts. The flipper acted like he wanted to be friends and talked up the community and stuff, so I let some things go for cheap, thinking he needed them, then I saw my parts a week later for double the price on some forum classifieds. Felt awful. I think he knew he couldn't do that more than once, because I never heard from him again. I sure talked about him, though!! I didn't want him to sell a dad-blamed thing to anyone I knew. That and the tax man have kind of taken the fun out of selling anything anymore.