Old 07-25-15, 06:45 AM
largefarva

Bikes: 2015 Cannondale Synapse Carbon 105; 2015 Felt V100

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
When I bought my V100 a month and a half ago I asked the salesman (which happened to be the owner of the shop I later found out) what the weight limit was for the bike. He told me he didn't know for sure but was certain that I was good to go. I told him how much I weighed (it was just under 280 lbs at the time...now I'm at 262 lbs) and he said he's put guys bigger than me on full carbon bikes with no problems. So at 235 lbs you have nothing to worry about. That guy who wouldn't show you a bike because you were over 200 lbs was just being a jackass. I'd tell him to pound sand and look at another bike shop. Tell management why they're losing your business as well.

As far as test rides goes...just ask them. When I test rode mine I just rode it around the parking lot in circles for about 10-15 minutes or so to get a feel. But I have heard of people taking bikes out on the roads in the area for several miles. I've even heard of a guy on these forums who was given permission to take it to the bike path he liked to ride and give it a whirl for a couple hours. There's no harm in asking what you can and can't do on a test ride. One would think that any bike shop would want you to really dig in and see what you like and don't like about a particular bike.

As far as fitting, all you're going to get is a basic quick fitting when test riding/purchasing a bike. Seat adjustment is about all they will do. But if you have a salesman who is worth anything he/she will make sure you ride something that is appropriate for your height/build. After purchasing a bike you can pay for a true fitting if you want (highly suggested).