Old 08-23-15, 11:49 PM
DreamRider85

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 378 Post(s)
Liked 24 Times in 14 Posts
Collided with a little girl. How do I know if my bike is okay?

So with my mountain bike, every time I went into the shop, they always said something needed to be fixed. Every single time. And it would cost hundreds. Seemed like each time my bike fell, it needed a fix. It could just be falling off the stand from the wind.

Now on my 4th ride with my road bike, I collided with a little girl. She turned right into me. She was only like 50 pounds. The crazy thing was she wasn't hurt. She might have been pushed back a couple of inches. I flew down a 5 foot hill to the right, while my bike fell over on its side right where the collision occurred. I feel I'm very lucky, also because she could have been hurt bad. I couldn't believe that she wasn't hurt.

Now I have to be super careful when people are around, especially little kids. That may have been her first time on a bike. Now granted, I was only going about 5 mph.

Do I assume my bike is messed up? I went out and rode it 20 miles after that and everything seemed fine. But based on my experience with my last bike, every time it fell, no matter how soft of a fall, it needed a tune up.

Also, how the hell do you avoid people on the trails? Sometimes they aren't looking and just all over the place. Makes me upset a lot. They can at least look.