Old 10-07-15, 02:22 AM
DreamRider85

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 378 Post(s)
Liked 24 Times in 14 Posts
Originally Posted by FBinNY
+1,000,000

You have to get over this notion that there's a high likelihood of getting hit by a car when riding in mixed traffic. Yes, of course it's possible, but not very likely. Keep in mind that many of us have been riding on shared roads for decades, and continue to do so. In fact, there wouldn't be bike lanes at all if there weren't already large numbers riding shared roads beforehand.

Seriously, just get out and ride. If you're fearfull work your way up to busier roads by starting on quieter ones. Or if you can't get past the fear get some help form pros to develop tools or a coping mechanism until you get more comfortable.

Either that or ask the mods to change your site name from DreamRider to NightmareRider.

Yea Nightmare Rider lol. I wanted to call myself NightRider, but that would be a lie ha ha. Night riding would be dangerous, although I think it seems like fun.

But I don't see why people want to ride in high traffic, just to ride in high traffic. It's like they want to prove a point to the cars.