non-fixie 
Shifting is fun!

Bikes: Yes, please.

Mentioned: 280 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2198 Post(s)
Liked 4,601 Times in 1,764 Posts
Originally Posted by Wildwood
Congrats = Looks like you are officially 'out of the doldrums'!
Very nice aesthetics in Rev1. And the Ergo should be narrow enough for comfort. But the throw on the shift lever is not short, nor is it so smooth if the mechanism needs overhaul. You know, 'that nice mechanical feel', that guys with large hands like. Never heard of Campy Feminine.

.....more spacers to get the fender closer to the tire. That's a situation I've never experienced.
I had those Ergo levers laying around for another project and just put them on these bars during the build to see what's what and mrs non-fixie walked by, put her hands on them and remarked that they felt nice and seemed to fit her hands better than the Weinmanns she'd previously tried. So on they stayed.

You're right about the long throw, and we'll have to see how that works for her. For now it is of little consequence as our area is as flat as a billiard table. She did a couple of shifts at my request during a short shakedown ride yesterday - which we used to get a bag of the traditional New Year's Eve's oliebollen - and those shifts went well enough.

The objective for now is to get her to feel comfortable on a drop bar bike, and for that we seem to be well on the way. She rode away on it without any hesitation or comments other than "where shall we go for the oliebollen?".

WRT the fenders, the frame looks to be designed for slightly wider tires and fenders than she has on there now. With a 35mm tire and a 50mm fender everything would fall into place nicely.