View Single Post
Old 02-16-20, 05:44 PM
merziac

Bikes: Merz x 5 + Specialized Merz Allez x 2, Strawberry/Newlands/DiNucci/Ti x3, Gordon, Fuso/Moulton x2, Bornstein, Paisley,1958-74 Paramounts x3, 3rensho, 74 Moto TC, 73-78 Raleigh Pro's x5, Marinoni x2, 1960 Cinelli SC, 1980 Bianchi SC, PX-10 X 2

Mentioned: 267 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4507 Post(s)
Liked 6,373 Times in 3,665 Posts
Originally Posted by Ballenxj
Hadn't thought about cameras. Are there any you recommend?
I have older Cycliq 6 and 12, they are spendy I had one go bad that REI took care of but they don't sell them anymore.

They have been updated/graded so who knows, mine are doing fine, to be honest, I have never needed to up/downloaded anything off them and the lights in them work great.

I think the GPS tracking is the most important thing, if the driver lies, the GPS can prove so, direction of travel, speed and position, with video to back it up, you have a much more solid case, claim, defense.

This is why you see many commercial vehicles with lights on all the time, CYA so they can say "our lights were on, you should have seen us", if you make it a draw it becomes moot.

I've seen 2 articles that the GPS saved the day, one for the bike damage and one for the injury where the insurance company stonewalled, denied the cyclist and painted them as irresponsible for lack of insurance as they didn't own a car.

Deep pockets, army's of lawyers and total disregard for doing the right thing, they get away with it all the time.

Last edited by merziac; 02-16-20 at 05:51 PM.