View Single Post
Old 02-24-20, 08:48 AM
maaakaaa

Bikes: 2011 Giant TranceX, 2015 Ralleigh Rumson, early 1990s Gitane CX, 1993 Specialized Rockhopper Sport, 1992 Bianchi Project-3, 1994 Norco Blitz

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Miele Man
I had a really nice Specialized Rock hopper MTB given to me because the owner had locked it to a metal shelving unit (U-lock not Krytonite) and decided that the bike hadn't been used for a long time, and decided to put the bike and the shelving unit at the curb for garbage pickup. I asked if it was there for garbage and he said yes it was and that I could have it. It took me three minutes with a cord Dremel tool with a thick cut-off disc to get through the lock. The bike was in fantastic shape just needing air in the tires and a cleaning.

As found.

I picked up the same model and color Rockhopper recently for a great price in the off-season. I think I’m the second owner in it. PO just replaced the handlebar with a fairly high riser. Not sure if I’ll end up keeping this bike yet, partly because I haven’t risen it this winter to get a feel for it. I really like the teal Rockhopper behind it, which I’ve had for a few years, but it’s in much rougher shape. (Sorry about the horrible photo—I just moved and all my bikes and bike projects are jammed in a small room.)
Likes For maaakaaa: