View Single Post
Old 04-03-20, 12:24 PM
alexnagui

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 157 Post(s)
Liked 113 Times in 64 Posts
Germi Super Sport '65

Here is a bike I picked up last summer. It a Germi Super Sport and I think it might be from 1965 but I am not sure. The Titan bars are marked with '65' so it is not just a guess. The bike needs some work and unfortunately is not 100% original, I believe. The fork is obviously a replacement, which is a bummer, the cranks, pedals and the rear derailleur don't look original to the bike either. I don't have a clear plan yet what I am gonna do with it, but I'll start stripping the frame from the parts soon. It is my size so I am planning on keeping it in any case.

Here is some information about this marque form Klassiekeracefiets:
"Germi was a private brand of Gerrit de Weerd from Hilversum. The name Germi is a contraction of the first names of Gerrit and his wife, called Mien. De Weerd started his business in 1952 and stopped in 1981. At the time, you could order custom frames from De Weerd, which were made in Amsterdam by Jasper Bouma (Jabo) and painted at a different address. The final assembly then took place at De Weerd's shop at 119 Kometenstraat in Hilversum."

Likes For alexnagui: