holytrousers
hoppipola

Bikes: fausto coppi

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 512 Post(s)
Liked 227 Times in 163 Posts
Originally Posted by livedarklions
You're a bit late to the party. The basic problem is that the number of people who actually want to ride like that is so small that requiring it would just result in fewer bikes on the roads.

Feel free to try refighting the battle, but it was already a rout. In the real world, bicyclists don't ride much in the center of the lane and that's not showing any signs of change. In the meantime, the paths are more crowded than ever.
on my commutes i encounter very few cyclists, most of them are older persons riding at a very slow pace and i understand they should ride on the right where, at lower speeds, it is indeed safer. but i have never thought of requiring anything from other cyclists, and i believe VC should be considered as a guideline.. where i live there are no bike lanes, car drivers are really dangerous and never leave a safe distance so taking the whole lane is the only way to make them do so. on these roads it's the only way to stay safe and i am thankful to VC videos that i've watched when i was beginning to cycle because they have changed my attitude on the roads and feel i too have the right to use them and not worry when so many drivers insult me.
that's why i think VC is worth learning about no matter how scared people are from using the roads. there is a war going on between two opposite mindsets, if we want to save this planet we need to keep the spirits high
Likes For holytrousers: