Old 10-24-19, 06:26 AM
mgw4jc

Bikes: Cannondale Synapse, Trek 5000 TCT, Giant OCR

Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 255 Post(s)
Liked 22 Times in 18 Posts
Originally Posted by noglider
Has anyone solved the rain-on-the-glasses problem? I'd really like a solution even though I'm lucky enough to have decent eyesight. Does a baseball cap with a long visor help? I normally wear a cycling cap under my helmet.
I can't say I have it solved, but having a visor on my helmet definitely helps. I don't think it is the 'in' thing these days to have a helmet visor, but I like it for low angle sun and for keeping rain out of my face.

First morning below 40F here this season. I have two pairs of these Adidas track pants that are tapered at the ankle and fit tight around the calves. While walking the dog in one of them last night, I realized they might make decent cycling pants because they would not get into the chain or flap around my ankle while riding.

And thus this morning I gave them a try in the colder temps. They worked great, except for when I was coasting down a hill the looser fabric around my thigh was flapping in the wind a bit. Very minor as it did not do that while pedaling. My only concern about wearing these pants often during the winter is I'll wear them out. They are in no way meant to be cycling pants.