View Single Post
Old 04-01-19, 02:05 PM
freegeek

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Maelochs
As for the 11-32 cassette. Ever consider that no one else had wanted to buy one there? Same with the bleed kit. Obviously they had not had a request to bleed Shimano discs.

We expect everything ... and we want it Now.

It's just one Shimano cassette ... I own 7,8, 9,10, and 11-speed bikes. So obviously they should stock all that ... and all the various sizes, in case, on a whim, I want to do a different ride and want to change gearing. And maybe i want Sram ... or just bought a used bike with old Campagnolo ... obviously these are big-name parts, they should stock them all. And not just one---three or four, just in case. How dare they not have what I want ... even if I am the only person who has wanted one ever at that store/

Or maybe ... people who aren't mechanically inclined and are lazy, pay a premium for service ... and when other people came in looking for a specific part, they were willing to pay the premium in time and money to keep their hands clean.

Again, this is all the same issue---you have certain expectations of what a bike shop "should" be,and be able to do, and the reality is different. You can't get what you want so you make half-a-dozen posts denigrating this store. You even note that you were Never satisfied with their performance ... yet you went their again.

The problem seems to be all one person, and it isn't a person on the shop payroll.
maybe its indeed me, maybe I just expect that they can actually service the stuff they sell in a timely manner. Im sure I am the only person ever to walk into a bike store and ask for a Shimano 105 or Ultegra cassette, a really exotic piece of bike hardware.