Old 07-06-19, 03:26 PM
biker3c086e24

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by mstateglfr
What do you ride now? That's pretty key in terms of knowing if the renegade will be 'easier' to ride.
I currently ride a 2016 Cannondale Quick Speed 2 with no modifications from the factory setup. It's an urban bike with a pretty high lowest gear ratio. Anything in the Renegade series will almost certainly be easier than it. My question, though, is whether there will be enough of a difference between the Elite and lower-end models in that line such as the Expat for me to pick it over the lower-end models.

Also, what's your gearing now? List that as well as the gearing of the bike you are considering. The gear combinations are mostly what will determine if the renegade is 'easier'.
The Renegade line has quite a few bikes, but here are some that I'm considering:
Expat: crankset 50/34T, casette 11-34T
Exploit: crankset 40T, casette 11-42T
Expert: crankset 50/34T, casette 11-32T
Elite (the one I'm looking at buying used): crankset 50/34T, casette 11-34T

By contrast, my current bike: crankset 50/34T, casette 11-30T

As for the gear on the bike...I assume you mean the components? Again- what do you have now- that will in part determine if the new bike needs more maintenance or not.
In general though...no- nicer components don't inherently need more maintenance.
Yes, the components, thank you Unfortunately Bike Forums won't let me post links until I've made more posts, but you should be able to find the specs given the bicycle's model name.

Also, I'm not sure why you mention it's obvious that you won't take care of the bike as well as someone who buys it new. That isn't obvious at all.
I just mean that I'm not as serious of a rider (and that shows in the fact that I have a lower budget), so I'm not willing to invest as much time and money into keeping everything in top shape.