View Single Post
Old 05-19-20, 04:21 PM
datlas 
Should Be More Popular

Bikes: 1986 Alpine (steel road bike), 2009 Ti Habenero, 2013 Specialized Roubaix

Mentioned: 560 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22689 Post(s)
Liked 9,032 Times in 4,202 Posts
Originally Posted by seedsbelize
datlas
I was picking the brain of my nurse, this morning, as I was getting my dressing changed, trying to get a timeline. The pin comes out on the 29th, and then there is the plastic surgery to repair the tendon. She is under the impression that the hole through the bones will heal while the tendon heals. We discussed a bit and the last thing she said, before I left the room, was this: "By the coming year you should be good to go". I felt faint for a bit. And then, at the suggestion of my sister, began designing a glove which will cover the index finger and palm only. To keep the dressing clean, while I use the hand in a limited way.
So, my question to you is this: Does it make sense to you that the whole process could take 8 months? Had I known that initially, I may well have opted out of the re-attachment.
I guess I should include Heathpack in the discussion
That sounds like a very long timeline. I don’t know the details but I think in USA they would fix the bone and the tendon at the same time. Immobilized for 6 weeks, then a couple months of hand therapy to get strength and range of motion back.