Old 04-23-19, 02:25 AM
UniChris

Bikes: 36" Unicycle, winter knock-around hybrid bike

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 930 Post(s)
Liked 393 Times in 282 Posts
Originally Posted by basketbro
i'm talking about immediately south. and yes, i'm sure there are people who just walked around the fence and continued. the path isn't torn up yet.
Correct me if I am wrong, but this picture is actually taken at Chappaqua Road south of Millwood and before the 2nd part of the on-road gap, right?

That would match what is currently on the Westchester Parks Site:

The parking lot on Route 9A/100 just south of Millwood will be closed for construction starting Tuesday March 19 until further notice.

The trail section between Chappaqua Road and the parking lot on Routes 9A/100 is closed for construction.
I know I've accidentally done the whole Millwood to Briarcliff section southbound on RT100 at dusk when I missed the turnoff to get to this closed piece, and I recall being passed by roadies on the traffic side of the guardrail while doing the long shallow climb between Chappaqua and Millwood on the path side.

So I'm thinking maybe this is legitimately by-passable... and I'm now seeing exactly that on Strava with someone's track taking Chappaque the tiny bit east to RT 100 and then following that north to Millwood.

Now if only it turns out to be a dry enough week for Van Cortlandt Park :-)