Old 02-22-21, 10:39 AM
prj71

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2975 Post(s)
Liked 1,181 Times in 771 Posts
Originally Posted by DomoNishiki
This quote wasn't about me per se it was a hypothetical situation. I wouldn't be on a 50# bike. I have a Nishiki Cromoly gravel bike I do well enough on. As I said, why exclude older healthier people(not me perhaps but I can roll a 50# bike just fine) who need an assist and maybe not as robust and energetic as someone in their 30's from riding the trails. There's too much "No old people on the road! Get out of my way" mentality. I see this too much in society casting old people aside if they aren't healthy enough or strong enough. They have every right to be there as you do enjoying it. Respectfully of course.
Peace.
Well what I described is also a hypothetical, but realistic, situation. I have been with friends way back on the trail that have had a mechanical breakdown and have had to walk their bike out. And the typical E-Mountain Bike weighs about 50 lbs.

And that's the thing with these bikes...Since you don't exert as much effort it allows people ride further into the back country.

I'm not tossing old people aside, but if you have knees that are shot or some other limiting physical condition...should you be riding on a trail way into the back country when you possibly would have trouble walking you and the bike out?

I think e-bikes are great for commuters or the recreational riders around town on bike paths. But don't like their use on Mountain Bike Trails.