View Single Post
Old 12-09-19, 08:04 AM
BikeWonder

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 160 Post(s)
Liked 75 Times in 52 Posts
Originally Posted by Santuri32
Back to the m700 XT. I know the 1983 Specialized Expedition, Stumpjumper, and SJ Sport came with MC70 cantilevers in 1983 and yesterday I found this add saying MountainBikes would be the first to carry the XT component set, hey say prices effective Jan 8 '83 so perhaps that is the date they would have expected them. Therefore is likely Shimano had began making the group in the Fall of 1982. Does anyone has a GH, GI, GK, GL m700 stamped components?

I found today a set of cantis with HD (april '83) and maybe HB (feb '83 stamped on them), these are about the earliest I have seen, but I have a set of unstamped levers.
I have a Deer Head groupset of a 1985 or 86 with the superplate RD I salvaged from a damaged M1000. The parts are mingled with other builds so I can only post what I have available.

It's a shame the Super Plate has a bad reputation. It shifted really well, even better than my 1982 Suntour ARx RD. I'd be happy to have a non SP version, but I can't justify paying >$100 for a derailleur that old.

anywho, the stamps on the groupset have IK.