Old 10-08-19, 03:02 PM
Litespud

Bikes: 2000 Litespeed Vortex Chorus 10, 1995 DeBernardi Cromor S/S

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 645 Post(s)
Liked 797 Times in 446 Posts
Originally Posted by Jrasero
lol maybe it's because I am a retail buyer but I totally disagree no offense. Watches in general until you get to Patek Philippe, but even then all high end watches loose tons of value, aren't that accurate, and cost of maintenance is way too expensive. Frankly when you say Rolex is "the best", they really are only really good at one thing, perception. He it's your money your choice but Ti bikes are the furthest thing from a Rolex or luxury watches since I guarantee you will loose less money selling a 3 year old Ti bike than a 3 year old Rolex. That isn't to say anyone should invest their money in Ti bikes.
Depending on the model, of course, but Rolexes hold their value pretty well. What Rolex has done very well is promulgate the myth that they’re “the best”. They’re very good, certainly, but there are any number of good solid automatic watches as good - they just don’t have that Rolex cachet for which people are prepared to pay over the odds. Ti frames, on the other hand, depreciate steeply, just like any other bike part - case in point, I bought my Ti frameset (Litespeed Vortex) 3 years old but mint, for 1/3 of its new price