Old 11-15-19, 09:37 PM
sdmc530
Heft On Wheels

Bikes: Specialized,Cannondale,Argon 18

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 887 Post(s)
Liked 560 Times in 346 Posts
Bobcats are amazing animals. A few years back elk hunting in MT our guide who was a full time guide/hunter. Anyways he had a pet bobcat. Seriously a pet. The thing was crazy cool Kept it in his house. Had a large cage with an indoor outdoor door and it was caged. He would let it roam about his house like a house cat.

It was super intimidating. it would let you pet it and what not. I wasn't a fan of it being on the loose when I was around that week but it was pretty mild. One time my step brother was playing with it (braver than I) and he was rubbing its belly and he wrapped his paws around my brothers arm. The harder he pulled his arm to get out the tighter the cat held. They are smaller in size buy HUGE in strength. The owner had to give him a "treat" to get him to stop "playing".

Still laugh about it to this day and still say it was pretty dumb to be messing with it in the first place.

We have them here in the black hills but a sighting in the wild is pretty rare. Mountain lion are seen pretty regular however, just as terrifying.