Old 02-22-15, 12:58 PM
OldsCOOL

Bikes: '77 Colnago Super, '76 Fuji The Finest, '88 Cannondale Criterium, '86 Trek 760, '87 Miyata 712

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 659 Post(s)
Liked 595 Times in 313 Posts
Originally Posted by neondave
[QUIOTE=OldsCOOL;17575629]Ahhh, another C&V lover. Can you post a pic of your Moto?
I bought it off a guy at work. He said he got it from orig. owner in 1979. I dunno, maybe newer ? Grand Touring , Rigida wheels , 10 speed.

When I got it, he had put a big old walmart gel seat on it, had the shifters moved up to the stem, (didn't have orig. ) and had the handlebar stem up so high it was almost falling out !

I got the brooks , found the closest correct shifters I could find and moved back to original location. They are Suntour 'power shift' , not sure what year thoese were made, but work well. And dropped the bars back in a bit. Rides well. After riding the Raleigh Sports for awhile, I feel like im on a rocket when I get on this I had a early 80s Super Mirrage that I bought new , but sold it like a dummy for next to nuttin' a few years back. Was glad to get this bike, even the same color[/QUOTE]The old Motobecanes are classy. I had a Super Mirage I bought for 60.00 (in my sig line) and ended up trading it for an '80 Centurion Elite. That Moto was gorgeous.