View Single Post
Old 05-21-20, 09:43 PM
cyclist2000

Bikes: Masi, Giant TCR, Eisentraut (retired), Jamis Aurora Elite, Zullo, Cannondale, 84 & 93 Stumpjumpers, Waterford, Tern D8, Bianchi, Gunner Roadie, Serotta, Serotta Duette, was gifted a Diamond Back

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 305 Post(s)
Liked 2,038 Times in 604 Posts
Originally Posted by RoadKill
Thanks for the comments.
My "offroad" is that I have an alternate commute path with some pretty aggressive rocky singletrack. It's full on MTB stuff but on a loaded up commuter with no suspension it's slow and I have no problem with slow.
My thought on the Diverge is that it seems mostly capable, maybe slightly less off-road than my AWOL. I currently have 700cx42 on the AWOL, the Diverge supports up to 700cx47. The biggest issue with Diverge is that I'm out the money of having to buy racks and if I want a dynamo lighting system I have to start from scratch building that. So probably $600 or more to get it outfitted how I want it.
The AWOL elite was basically a $1500 AWOL that Specialized loaded up with $1000 worth of accessories, the Diverge is a $2500 bike without any accessories. I'm not sure if they will let me keep the racks or even the lights since that is what made it the elite model. If I can keep that stuff then really the dynamo hub front wheel is all I will be out, which I guess is my best case scenario.
I would think that they would let you keep the accessories.

But look at it this way, your frame broke and you are getting a replacement. If you go with a different brand of frame then that cost is on you. It will cost you more than $600 for any frame that you want.