Old 09-06-19, 06:55 AM
rower2cyclist

Bikes: Giant TCR Advanced Pro 0 Disc

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 105 Post(s)
Liked 69 Times in 35 Posts
Originally Posted by CarloM
I installed it very easily, and used Windows E-Tube to update the firmware. Everything seemed to go swimmingly until my iPhone X failed to sense it over BT. Not sure why. I pressed the junction box button until the alternating lights. Phone couldn't sense it through the normal bluetooth connection. Tried to launch the E-Tube iPhone app, it claimed a "firmware update was needed" even though it was at it's latest, then would just spin the wheel non-stop. It never even asked for the 000000 passcode to authenticate the connection.

Fearing I had bricked it, I plugged it back into the PC and everything appeared fine. Unplugged, tested gear shifting, everything was fine. Tried to pair with iPhone, failed again. The decided to power on the Wahoo Roam...it sensed it and I paired it. Used the Wahoo app to add the Gear page. But I couldn't enable D-Fly yet because I couldn't connect via the phone. I'll try again tomorrow via the PC, otherwise I'm just going to ride to my local Giant shop where I bought the TCR and they'll do it for me.

I am a beta tester for Apple's new iOS 13...so the problem may lie in the beta iOS screwing up the E-Tube app (which was last updated a couple of months ago). This beta iOS has bricked one or two other apps I use, although the majority of them work just fine.
You probably did not brick it. For whatever reason, e-tube app on my phone couldn't connect to the wireless unit in March. Then I tried again with the app on my i-pad it did and I've been using iPad to connect since then.