View Single Post
Old 09-06-19, 08:16 AM
Marcus_Ti
FLIR Kitten to 0.05C

Bikes: Roadie: Seven Axiom Race Ti w/Chorus 11s. CX/Adventure: Carver Gravel Grinder w/ Di2

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2349 Post(s)
Liked 406 Times in 254 Posts
Originally Posted by TerryDi2C
It's not you or iOS' fault - the e-Tube apps tend to fail during firmware updates. Just have a look at the reviews for the Android or iOS versions. There's loads of people complaining about this. The apps are just not very good. I tried using my wife's iPad mini this morning and on that device the app doesn't even get past the splash screen.

When I first got my Wireless Unit it also crashed at least five times until I finally managed to update the firmware on the EW-WU111.
What seems to help is to update every component's firmware using the SM-BCR2 charger (and windows e-Tube app). That should decrease the chances of the mobile app crashing. You can then use the mobile app to update the EW-WU111. And if it does crash apply the same fix as you did before, or have a look at https://di2center.com/2019/02/09/how...rmware-update/ (disclaimer: my site ).
It is the nature of how firmware updates have-to-work. The problem is the wireless unit itself and its updates IME.

What happens? I'm guessing...

1) You connect wirelessly to Di2
2) You D/L an update.
3) The Di2 system applies the update...but to finish the update, like in Windows it must reboot the updated component
4) The wireless app (and the D-Fly) looses connection during the reboot, because well--the connection hard-hangs up.

Which means that E-Tube and D-Fly cannot handshake-check that the update worked...so they thought vomit at one another. E-tube errors out, and Di2 soft-bricks to protect itself thinking something went wrong.