Wanderer
aka Phil Jungels

Bikes: 08 Specialized Crosstrail Sport, 05 Sirrus Comp

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 202 Post(s)
Liked 86 Times in 60 Posts
Originally Posted by Johnk3
When I was about to turn 70, I decided to get a custom Cinelli Supercorsa. That process ended up being a nightmare. As a result, I ordered a custom Cicli Barco using Columbus XCr stainless steel tubing and Campy's 12 speed Super Record group set. It was an easy and seamless transaction due to the wonderful Barco family. They do exceptional work in a reasonable amount of time for very reasonable prices. They also got me great prices on the Campy group set as well as some very nice carbon stuff by WR Compositi who makes carbon parts for Ferrari and Lamborghini, and is not available in the US. You can reward yourself by getting exactly what you want without any compromises. Don't bother with those nasty looking disc brakes when you can get really nice direct mount rim brakes that never get out of whack. This bike weighs 18.67 lbs. for a 58.5 cm frame. I could have cut off more weight with some lightweight carbon wheels, but I'm about 215 Lbs. and ride some rough roads and I hate how noisy carbon wheels are. The tires are Vittoria Corsa Control 25mm mounted on HED Belgium Plus rims and White Industries T11 hubs.. The clearance for tires is about 28mm with the Campy direct mount brakes.

Custom Cicli Barco in Stainless XCr with Campy 12 sp. SR group set and carbon by WR Compositi.

Dark Nickel head badge

Stainless steel fork with carbon fiber steering tube and direct mount brakes.

Custom nameplate.
Very, very, NICE!