View Single Post
Old 08-09-19, 03:53 PM
Scylipt

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Doc_Wui
The three motor phase wires are switching the full battery voltage across the motor while the Hall sensors are powered by only 5 volts. During the time while your brake disk was sawing thru the cable, it probably short circuited the battery voltage across one or more of the three hall sensors inside the motor casing, blowing them out.

Someone has to take off the side cover of the motor and replace the sensors. All motors are different, so maybe someone already did it on your motor and posted a youtube video.
Hi and thanks so much. I took the bike to a bike shop and we opened up both sides of the motor. There wasn't much inside besides a small circuit board on one side. I didn't see any sensors at all on either side. I'll have a look around for the manual online, it's a befang 1500v. Your explanation sounds like it could be the problem as it's intermittently getting power, which is what's making the noise.

Some questions please that may help me.
1. Are these sensors easily found and replaced?
2. What is an average estimated cost?
3. Would it be possible to use a generic sensor? Are they universal?
4. As I'm new here I'm unable to post links but did you find and watch the video I uploaded to YouTube?

I can't afford to spend money on hotels much longer while I wait for parts. The bike s a 3 wheeler and is custom made by me. It has a trailer which carries my rucksack and dog and cost around €1500 to build. Ill upload pictures if I ever get it going but time is short and I'll be devastated to have to just leave it behind.

Thanks so much for this info, I'm right on it tomorrow, please keep in touch.

Regards and thanks.