Old 10-05-19, 03:30 PM
JonBailey
Schwinn Discovery

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 212 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by zacster
No to the haushof. You can't drink from that while riding without it spilling. There is a reason for the squeeze sip cap.

What's wrong with the ordinary bottles we all use? I have so many bottles that I don't worry about being damaged. I don't think I've bought one in years, they just accumulate from group rides, promotions, etc...
I have many requirements for my bottles: they are not just bike bottle but car bottles, camping bottles, hiking bottles, picnic bottles, gym bottles, travelling and home bottles as well. I want a good universal drinking bottle for every use except hot liquids. For the bike they have to fit the water cage and for the car they also have to fit the cup holders.

They can't be over 10" tall as they won't otherwise fit in my compact freezer compartment standing up. I don't drink while riding anyway. I stop the bicycle then drink.

I ether unscrew the top or use a flip spout cover if the bottle is so equipped. The cheap ones I have been buying at Walmart for years have worked but are no longer available. Eventually the tops leak with age and they are prone to warping in hot car. The bottles won't squeeze when frozen. The chug caps work best for that application. My Walmart bottles of old have been the see-thru hard plastic bottles.]

I fill the bottle 1/3 to one-half full with spring water and freeze it. No messy, space-hogging or time-consuming ice cubes to deal with. Convenience. While travelling or staying at motels I may have to add ice cubes for cool beverages and that's where I need a wide-enough bottle mouth to do so. A wide mouth allows a brush to get inside for scrubbing clean. I mix instant ice tea in them also by shaking the bottles after adding the ingredients.

While freezing my bottles, the caps are screwed on loose to allow for expansion.

Last edited by JonBailey; 10-05-19 at 03:37 PM.